Smartphone usage in Australia has doubled year on year since 2011, with two thirds of the adult population now owning one, however 60% of large advertisers do not have a mobile website. Will you?
If your website is not mobile friendly from April 21st 2015 you will be penalised in terms of your search engine ranking by Google.
The latest research shows:
- Today in Australia two thirds of Australians now own a smartphone. This is 15 per cent more than last year. (Source – Ads Product Marketing)
- 50% of people said that even if they like a business, they are more inclined to use a business that is mobile-friendly. (Source – Google)
- When people visited a mobile-friendly website, 74% of people say they are more likely to return to that site in the future (Source – Google)
- 67% of mobile users say that when they visit a mobile-friendly website, they are more likely to buy that website’s product or service (Source – Google)
These mobile solutions are integrated into your existing WordPress website. We believe that having a separate website is a lot of unnecessary administration (we can offer separate mobile websites should you wish)
So what does that mean if you already have an online business?
It means your business is in a good position to benefit from the boom. It also means you should be considering a mobile-friendly version of your website to ensure you don’t lose any advantage you now have over your competition.
What are the benefits of a mobile version of my site?
The main benefits are speed and ease of use. Although smart phones already allow for web connectivity, creating a mobile-friendly version of your website will;
- Provide faster functionality
- Allow greater connectivity with your customers
- Allow your potential and existing clients to view your website from any location
Providing visitors to your website with the easiest possible access to your business, will increase your chance of a sale and gain an edge over your competitors.